Friday, August 15, 2014

Hunting Island's Way

A few months ago, some friends took us to Beaufort, SC for a delightful weekend filled with good food, cozy bungalow accommodations, many laughs & warm conversations...and the beach.  What dear-hearted friends we have, one's that will always be in our lives in the most special way.

While visiting this one particular beach, we were met with a most unusual sight. Erosion created this amazing display of fallen trees on the sand, some far reaching into the water at the shore's edge.  We mingled in and out of the giant and seemingly lazy creatures, being absorbed by the oddness, yet magic of it all.



The treasures one can find, 
if only we slow down, and look.
 While there at this unique spot, I found the shore covered in abundance with the most unique bounty of driftwood, all different sizes, shapes and textures.
Could I go back to the car empty handed??  Not me.  
 These glorious wooden wonders awaited to be reawakened, needing a new display, not left to be trodden underfoot, carelessly. 
So my little mind went to work, wanting to find just the right display.  
I seem to recycle a lot, so I found an old board, scraped, reworked.
Then, layed my little gems in their place, creating a driftwood type of "Stone Stacking".
  
The sea with it's perfect surroundings always give me life lessons,
if I just look, listen, absorb.
This created piece represents discarded little leftovers of which can become beautiful again,
if just given the chance. Balancing out life, reaching high, yet of course,
 never forgetting where they came from.
This one now hangs by my breakfast table,
to remind me of those things each and everyday.


A little "pop of color"
which my good friend says every outfit needs.  
Why not splash some color on a piece of boat canvas?  Very Appropriate indeed. 

  

 "Hunting Island's Way"
Mixed Media on Wooden Panel
Created with a longing heart for the sea and all it holds.

Have a Beautiful Weekend!!

1 comment: