Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Black to Hope



This painting took on many forms and was literally put through the ringer.
I wanted to try a few new ideas, one being holding my painted canvas under running water to see what emerged.
A mess is what I ended up with, but I kept at it and this is what evolved.

I loved the bird cage, but thought it was ruined when my printer spit out a badly colored copy, so I used it as a practice piece. Well, that resulted in a bigger love, so I put it on! Oh, what one can do with seemingly junk!!





New Each Day is stamped on a swatch of boat canvas. There's anything to do with the sea sneaking in again.... ;)





Day is a choice to be New!

I have realized that as an artist, I've come a long way, a long, long way. I used to be so self-conscience about my work, what people might think of me...and the list goes on. But lately, I see myself coming out of that place, that Black, and into a more secure and confident place that is full of hope, knowing that what I create is pleasant to me, and to my Father, and who else really do I have to have the
acceptance of?




Black to Hope
Mixed Media
12x12 on canvas


"I awaken, and breathe in the air.
New hope is born."

No comments:

Post a Comment